Symposium Proceedings : Exploring a New Liberal Arts Culture for Science and Society in the 21st Century／CRDS-FY2017-XR-01
This brochure is a record of the symposium on the theme of ‘Exploring role of a new Liberal Arts Culture for Science and Society in the 21st Century’, held on September 6,2016.
In the symposium, five participants discussed on the theme from following viewpoints:
- Our Current Age: The Three Norms of Globalism—Democracy, Market Principles, and Science and Technology
- Science: From Analysis to Design—the Changing Shape of Science and the Limits of Analysis
- Policy: From Policy Formation to Implementation—Stakeholder Diversification and the Importance of Theme Selection and the Policy Process
- Society: The Blurring of the Real and Virtual, Their Correlations with Real Existence, and the Path to Restructuring
- The Liberal Arts: A Foundation for Transdisciplinary Thought about the World and Society